At Mackay Boats we know what makes a fast boat.
After years of competing at the very top level we know the details that matter.
Mackay boats have won 30 medals at Olympic Games and 140 World Championship medals.
Our boats are
- built with precise processes to exacting standards.
- built stiff and strong, with the weight and strength where it is needed to make the boat as fast as possible.
- fitted out with systems that work, customised to suit the sailors own preferences.
- equipped with the best fittings used for each system.
- built using strict quality control processes to ensure boats are built consistently and each boat is the very best possible.
- finished with details that don't just look good, but make a difference to performance.
- matched with foils designed and built using the latest technology alongside years of experience.
At Mackay Boats every manufacturing and design decision is analysed using the criteria “will it make the boat go faster?"
Some Recent Results:
2019 420 Worlds
- Open 1st & 2nd
- 420w 1st & 3rd
2019 470 Worlds
- 470w 1st & 3rd 6 of top 10
2018 49er Worlds
- 49er 1st & 2nd 7 of top 10
- 49erFX 2nd & 3rd 8 of top 10
2018 420 Worlds
- Open 1st & 3rd
2017 49er Worlds
- 49er 1st & 3rd
- 49erFX 2nd & 3rd
7 Olympic medals in at Rio 2016
- 49er Gold, Silver & Bronze at Rio Olympics
- FX ; Gold & Silver at Rio Olympics
- 470w ; Silver & Bronze at Rio Olympics
- 60% of 470 fleet chose Mackay Boats for Rio 2016
- 75% of the 49er & FX fleet chose Mackay Boats for Rio 2016
2016 49er Worlds
- 49er 1st & 2nd 8 of top 10
- 49erFX 1st & 3rd 6 of top 10
2016 470 Worlds
- 470w 1st & 2nd
- 8 of top 10 women use Mackay
2016 420 Worlds
- Open 2nd & 3rd
Mackay Boats win 7 Olympic medals in the 470 & 49er classes - London 2012
- 470w Gold, Silver & Bronze at London Olympics
- 470m ; 8 of top 10 use Mackay Boats in London
- 49er ; 6 of top 10 use Mackay Boats in London
Check out more World Class results from Mackay Boats.